[WikiEducator] Greetings from The Netherland. #OCL4Ed
Gary Asselbergs
2015-04-13 11:42:15 UTC
I am still trying to figure out how WikiEducator and Tweeter works in
conjunction with the course Digital skills for collaborative OER
Development (DS4OER).
I notest someone from Trinidag and Tobago. I am currently active with
University of West Indies, with the Open Campus department.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WikiEducator" group.
Wayne Mackintosh
2015-04-13 11:54:16 UTC
Hi Gary,

Thanks for your question.

If you have a Twitter account <https://twitter.com/signup>, all you need to
do is to post a Tweet and include the course tag "#DS4OER" and the
aggregator will harvest the feed.

The other option is to log into WIkiEducator (after you have created a
WikiEducator account) and post directly using WENotes
<http://wikieducator.org/Digital_skills_for_collaborative_OER_development/Post_WEnote>.
Note that there is a button to post on WENotes from the course feed
<http://ds4oer.oeru.org/interactions/course-feed/> page on the site.
However, you must be logged into WikiEducator to post.

Wayne
Post by Gary Asselbergs
I am still trying to figure out how WikiEducator and Tweeter works in
conjunction with the course Digital skills for collaborative OER
Development (DS4OER).
I notest someone from Trinidag and Tobago. I am currently active with
University of West Indies, with the Open Campus department.
"WikiEducator" group.
Wayne Mackintosh
Director OER Foundation
UNESCO/COL/ICDE Chair in OER
Skype: WGMNZ1
Twitter: Mackiwg
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WikiEducator" group.
Wayne Mackintosh
2015-04-13 13:32:17 UTC
Hi Gary

- When using Twitter, you include "#DS4OER" in the tweet - anywhere in
the body. This will enable us to harvest the tweet
- Using WENotes - a technology we host, you don't need to include the
tag because this is a local technology we administer at the OER Foundation
- In Wordpress the learning challenge instructions
<http://ds4oer.oeru.org/learning-pathways/orientation/outputs-declare-yourself-challenge/>
point
to a link for how to include a tag (see
https://en.support.wordpress.com/posts/tags/ ) - you just add DS4OER as
a tag. It will take a day or two for us to get all the blogs registered for
the course feed. So in the mean time you can post a tweet with a link to
your blog including the "#DS4OER" tag in your post to distribute
notification of your blog post. In a day or two, blog posts tagged with
DS4OER will appear in the feed - usually within an hour or so. (Tweets are
immediate.)
- I see that your Tweets containing the course Tag are being posted to
the course feed. Well done!

Thank you Wayne, #DS4OER is the course tag and the aggrigator harvests the
feed. OK? But where do I put the course tag? Anywhere in the text body? or
some other place?
The other option using WENotes which i found in the course feed page seems
to be working fine.
I have also openned a blog in Wordpress. When and how will this be
integrated into the course?
My last question is, I will post a short message in WENotes, if you would
be so kind then I know with 100% confidence the connection works and I can
then start meeting other learners.
Thankyou
gary