[WikiEducator] Registrations open for new OERu course on digital skills for collaborative OER development
Wayne Mackintosh
2015-03-21 10:36:04 UTC
Hi Everyone,

The OERu is launching the next mOOC its series of free courses building
capacity for open education practice following the success of Open Content
Licensing for Educators course.

Registrations for the inaugural course offering of Digital skills for
collaborative OER development
<http://oeru.org/oeru-partners/otago-polytechnic/digital-skills-for-collaborative-oer-development/>are
now open. We acknowledge the funding support from the New Zealand National
Commission for Unesco which has made this development possible.

*Dates*: 13 April to 1 May 2015
*Cost*: Free
*Registration*: Online
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1mNFFA-mWsNr94WD209kqi7VyCwIh9BB7_cLUXqgBdPk/viewform>

(Note that registration is not required to access the course materials. The
course materials are being developed openly and transparently in
WikiEducator as we speak. However, if you would like to receive course
announcements via email you will need to register.)

In this course you will learn how to:

- Source images, rich media and open access materials on the Internet
suitable for remix.
- Properly attribute these resources for digital redistribution.
- Develop wiki skills for the collaborative development of OER within a
live international wiki community.
- Develop a design blueprint and storyboard for an OER learning sequence
drawing on your inventory of OER for remix of materials for your own
context.
- Participate in open collaborative design and development activities.
- Publish your own OER course website.

This is an ambitious prototype because we will be trialling the ability for
course participants to publish a collection of wiki pages developed
collaboratively on their own WordPress site as an alternative to using
conventional learning management systems. The OERu technical working group
has been working hard at improving the look and feel of content authored in
the wiki with particular attention to responsive design for mobile devices.
Of course, these developments have implications for how we design learning
materials and that is the point of this open course.

Together, we will learn about open design using a learn-by-doing approach
within a global wiki community.

I hope you can join us and help us to refine the prototype version for
future iterations.

With kind regards
Wayne
--