[WikiEducator] WikiEducator User Page Expo (UPE) Winner for August
Ramesh Sharma
2014-09-03 07:29:28 UTC
Dear Friends,

The WikiEducator User Page Expo <http://wikieducator.org/UPE> ("UPE" to its
friends) is an ongoing event to acknowledge WikiEducator user pages that
are particularly informative, innovative, visually appealing, or otherwise
just plain clever.

We are happy to announce the winner for August 2014. She is Kim Thomas.
Lets learn more about her.

Kim Thomas <http://wikieducator.org/User:Hortykim> is a Lecturer for
Foundation Studies in Trades,Otago Polytechnic, New Zealand. In addition,
she has performed roles as Lecturer (Natural Resources); as a Teaching and
Research Assistant Department of Natural Resources, Otago Polytechnic,
Dunedin; managing Permaculture Garden and Wormfarm for Living Campus; as
Lecturer,Occupational Therapy and Health and Safety Adviser for ABE at
Otago Polytechnic, Dunedin. She has lot of achievements to her credit like
Recipient of staff excellence award (and development grant) February 2011
Staff Meeting; Certificate of Appreciation-Excellence in Leadership(2009);
Public Speaker - Confident public speaker for Hort Talk series and kindred
gardening groups; Short Course Coordinator - Created and developed short
courses; sourcing tutors, developing programmes, promotion and
co-ordination. In addition, she created substantial opportunities for all
programmes and Short Courses at the Otago Polytechnic. She developed and
maintained a working relationship with local media alongwith co-ordinating
advertising features and publicity opportunities. She has successfully
created an OER based Course on Permaculture Design
<http://wikieducator.org/Permaculture_design>. This course provides an
introduction to permaculture design principles and methods which when
applied will lead you down the path to sustainable systems for your home or
working environment. Some of the learning outcomes for this course are to
understand and describe the ethics and principles of permaculture; and to
outline procedures used to analyze a site for permaculture. An ardent fan,
she expresses in her blog, "...I find that wikieducator is a great place to
store resources and is extremely time efficient. Once I had mastered the
ability to set up new pages and edit them then I am able to tweak and add
information so that my lesson plans and resources improve every time I
present a particular unit to my class. I also really enjoy capturing
resources on video and photos as we do a lot of stuff that is practical and
interesting.These resources become links in the wikieducator to support
ideas or explain concepts for future students.Another great benefit is if a
student misses a class then I can direct them to the session stored on the
wiki."

Please join us in congratulating Kimto
<http://wikieducator.org/User:Hortykim> be the UPE winner for August 2014!

with best wishes,

Dr. Nellie Deutsch <http://wikieducator.org/User:Nelliemuller> and Ramesh
Sharma <http://wikieducator.org/User:Rcsharma>
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WikiEducator" group.
Dr R C Sharma
2014-09-03 12:18:55 UTC
Hello Kim
your work is impressive, I visited the wikieducator pages on Premaculture
and found it very interesting and informative.

Congratulations for being an UPE winner!

with best wishes
Ramesh
Sarita Kumar
2014-09-03 14:47:33 UTC
Congratulations Kim!
Post by Ramesh Sharma
[...]
"WikiEducator" group.
Sarita Kumar
Associate Professor
Acharya Narendra Dev College
University of Delhi
India
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WikiEducator" group.
Letare Hemrom
2014-09-04 02:34:20 UTC
congrats!
Post by Sarita Kumar
Congratulations Kim!
Post by Ramesh Sharma
[...]
Regards
Letare Hemrom
Sr.Associate,Tata Steel Ltd.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WikiEducator" group.
Pankaj Khare
2014-09-04 05:13:04 UTC
Congrats Kim.

*D**r. Pankaj Khare *
MTech, PhD
*Registrar*
*Stu*
*dent Registration DivisionIn**dira Gandhi National Open University*
Maidan Garhi, New Delhi 110 068 India

Phone: +91-11-29571316, 29571302
Post by Letare Hemrom
congrats!
Post by Sarita Kumar
Congratulations Kim!
Post by Ramesh Sharma
[...]
Groups "WikiEducator" group.
Patricia Schlicht
2014-09-04 15:37:15 UTC
Congratulations, Kim. Well deserved.
Warm wishes
Patricia <http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Pschlicht>

*Warm wishes,*

*Patricia Schlicht*

<https://www.facebook.com/patriciaschlicht>

*ca.linkedin.com/in/pschlicht/
<http://ca.linkedin.com/in/pschlicht/>http://www.wikieducator.org/User:Pschlicht
Post by Pankaj Khare
Congrats Kim.
*D**r. Pankaj Khare *
MTech, PhD
*Registrar*
*Stu*
*dent Registration Division In**dira Gandhi National Open University*
Maidan Garhi, New Delhi 110 068 India
Phone: +91-11-29571316, 29571302
Post by Letare Hemrom
congrats!
Post by Sarita Kumar
Congratulations Kim!
SUKANTA KUMAR Mahapatra
2014-09-04 05:25:52 UTC
Congratulations Kim

[...]
email to wikieducator+***@googlegroups.com.
*With warm regards*
Sukanta
*Sukanta Kumar Mahapatra*
*Academic Officer(Sociology)*
*National Institute of Open Schooling(NIOS)*
*Ministry of HRD,Govt. of India*
*A-24& 25,**Noida-62,*
****@gmail.com* <***@gmail.com>
*Mobile-91-9716230645*

The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) formerly known as National
Open School (NOS) was established in November,1989 as an autonomous
organisation in pursuance of National Policy on Education 1986 by the
Ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD), Government of India. NIOS is
providing a number of Vocational, Life Enrichment and community oriented
courses besides General and Academic Courses at Secondary and Senior
Secondary level. It also offers Elementary level Courses through its Open
Basic Education Programmes (OBE).Government of India through a gazette
notification vested NIOS with the authority to examine and certify learners
registered with it upto pre degree level courses.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WikiEducator" group.
Steve Foerster

Michael Verhaart
2014-09-05 00:40:57 UTC
Hi Kim,
Would like to add my congratulations along with everyone else. Would be
neat if you could add links to your courses in WikiEducator to the page
(and maybe an RSS feed from your Wordpress blog?).

Regards

- Michael Verhaart <http://wikieducator.org/User:Mverhaart>

*::* *Associate Professor, School of Computing*

*Eastern Institute of Technology,*
*Hawke's Bay, New Zealand*
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WikiEducator" group.