[WikiEducator] Improving Classroom Discussion
dhinckley
2015-03-12 16:39:25 UTC
Hey Everyone,

I need your help. I was originally developing Attentiv to solve a business
psychology problem <http://attentiv.com/employees-lying-to-you/>, but the
educators that have tested the software so far have given me such positive
feedback that I wanted to reach out to you in case it was something that
you thought was worth covering.

Classes have a problem. Extroverted students dominate the conversation,
but sometimes they don’t actually have anything productive to say. Introverts’
good ideas stay in their heads instead of spurring discussion. Quiet’s
Susan Cain pointed out
<http://www.ted.com/talks/susan_cain_the_power_of_introverts/transcript?language=en>
that “there's zero correlation between being the best talker and having the
best ideas.” Students stay quiet to avoid criticism or even lie when they
don’t want the teacher to know how they really feel.

Attentiv enables students by allowing them to anonymously answer questions
and discuss topics in real-time during classes. Students can even
participate remotely with results published back to the virtual class for
all to see. The instructor can work from attached documents, planned
questions, and can add new questions or topics during classes. Attentiv
also saves the results for future reference.

We’re in an open-beta right now and our primary account *is completely free*.
Here’s our website: attentiv.com.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like me to run
through the software with you! I'd love to get everyone's thoughts and
feedback here. Please kick the tires a bit and let us know how we can
improve what we've built.

Thanks!

Dhinckley
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WikiEducator" group.